Mostly action/adventure, JRPGs, and platformers here, although I have a special fondness for strange, obscure, arty games, no matter the genre. I blame Ecco the Dolphin, and I also blame him for my weakness to time travel and Surprise Creepy.
I'm oddly sensitive to the Uncanny Valley effect, and perhaps because of this I'm pretty drawn to retro/retraux games, although admittedly some of 'em are like trying to read Chaucer in the original Middle English...
Flight Rising is one of my favourite games, and I've had a great year focusing on it, but I gotta get back to my backlog! So for 2016 I'm trying out some rules.
* During festivals and major Dominance pushes, Flight Rising takes priority.
* At other times, the Fortune Cookie decides what I'm playing that evening, if I have time after checking up on social media.
* Should the Fortune Cookie neglect a game so long that it ends up greyed out, it's first up.
* Each game added to Now Playing, if it lasts longer than one session, must have a Backloggery Dragon attached to it. The Backloggery Dragons will sit in my lairspace and eat all my food until I Beat, Complete, or Delete the game they represent. At this point I can either sell them or send them off to Glittermama.
= 1000T for Light Flight Conquest Vault,
* Gifts take priority because my friends are awesome people. At least one gift game must be in Now Playing at all times if I have any unbeaten.
* On the first of each month, I or the Cookie choose a new game to start. This is a new 'slot': I should avoid adding another game to Now Playing until a slot is cleared.
* In November and December, I will cease adding new slots and be reset to three or four (Flight Rising, the stream game, the gift slot if applicable, and whatever else). These months I will focus on finishing off Now Playing for the New Year.
* Any stale games that have stalled out progress will be removed in January. And so the cycle will repeat!
* Trying to maintain a Memory Card score of +3 for each month (so, 4B/C per 1 N). That should mean a score of at least +30 to +33 by the end of the year (since I'll probably skip November for NaNoWriMo).
* I reserve the right to change or ignore these rules if it becomes unfun!