Mostly action/adventure, JRPGs, and platformers here, although I have a special fondness for strange, obscure, arty games, no matter the genre. I blame Ecco the Dolphin, and I also blame him for my weakness to time travel and Surprise Creepy.
I stream games every Friday at hitbox.tv/sparkylurkdragon ! You can find my headliner game in the Stream Slot, but sometimes as a bonus I also show off whatever I'm playing for the backlog.
Flight Rising is one of my favourite games, and I've had a great year focusing on it, but I gotta get back to my backlog! So for 2016 I'm trying out some rules.
* During festivals and major Dominance pushes, Flight Rising takes priority.
* At other times, the Fortune Cookie decides what I'm playing that evening, if I have time after checking up on social media.
* Should the Fortune Cookie neglect a game so long that it ends up greyed out, it's first up.
* Each game added to Now Playing, if it lasts longer than one session, must have a Backloggery Dragon attached to it. The Backloggery Dragons will sit in my lairspace and eat all my food until I Beat, Complete, or Delete the game they represent. At this point I can either sell them or send them off to Glittermama.
* I have a 'slot' system to keep Now Playing somewhat manageable, yet still get games into rotation at a good clip. The slots are as follows:
** [MONTH SLOT]: On the first of each month, I or the Cookie choose a new game to start. When I
that game, I either retire it or move it to a
slot, and another game is added to that slot. (So, a January slot might actually have games started in another month - it's for tracking when the slot opened, not when the game was started.)
*** CONFUSED MONTHS: If opening a new slot makes me become Confused, that month will be spent closing slots: once I
a game in a Confused Month, that slot closes until the next year.
** [GIFT SLOT]: Because my friends are awesome people. Currently on hiatus until I can get a better computer.
** [STREAM SLOT]: I stream games at hitbox.tv/sparkylurkdragon, and this slot has my headliner game!
** [C SLOTS]: It can stand for Complete or for Challenge! These are slots for going for
. Games chosen for other slots can convert to these at the
. Converted C Slots do not require Backloggery Dragons, but I might get them at the C for the sense of accomplishment. I should try to limit non-converted C Slots to two or so. C Slots more than any other can be abandoned at any time.
** [FLIGHT RISING]
** [PXZ2 SLOT]: Project X Zone 2 has spurred me to play a bunch of backlogged games for the worlds and characters in it! Let's go! (Slot may be dropped at any time.)
* Ideally, trying to maintain a Memory Card score of +3 for each month (so, 4B/C per 1 N). That should mean a score of at least +30 to +33 by the end of the year (since I'll probably skip November for NaNoWriMo).
* I reserve the right to change or ignore these rules if it becomes unfun!