Be sure to click the arrow above if you want to see my entire Page Notes!
I will avoid putting major spoilers anywhere on this page.
How about that massive Backlog? I never played many games as a kid other than Pokémon, but my brother and I always received new games. Only a few years ago is when I decided to dwell outside of my comfort zone and play some new things. With that, I begin my quest that will last me a lifetime. While I consider myself a collector first, I do have intentions to play all of these games someday.
My favorite game of all time is Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
I am also extremely critical of video games, for little to no reason. I have created a blog dedicated to in-depth reviews of various video games. It can be found at [Link]
1. I only include games that I physically own or digitally have the rights to play on this Backloggery.
2. Almost every game I have is listed on this Backloggery. The exceptions to this are things that I have no interest in playing and games that I cannot play due to lacking proper equipment. I will not include redundant versions of games (like PCDL and Steam). I will also not include games that are utilities like RPG Maker.
3. If I own the same game on different platforms, alternate versions will be nulled at my discretion, so that I do not have to beat the game same twice or more if I don't want to. Crossplay games share the same status.
4. If a game requires a real world event, reverse-engineering, or if something is permanently lost forever, it will count as completed as long as everything else in the game meets the criteria for completion.
5. Once a game is beaten or completed, it cannot be reversed after an update or new DLC.
6. Achievements or Trophies do not count towards completion, unless they unlock something.
7. Whenever playtime for a game is referenced, it is always in Hour:Minute format.
Nulled. The game cannot be beaten or completed in any way.
Unfinished. No significant progress has been made.
Beaten. This is usually signified by a final boss and/or credits.
Completed. Everything is unlocked, all ranks achieved, and every optional goal has been met.
will also be used for duplicate games.
I don't use the
marks for anything.
Progress Notes will display how far I am in the game or other miscellaneous comments. When a game is completed, it will display what I have done in the game to achieve completion status.
Comments will display my thoughts on the game and a link to a review, if I've written one.
Ignore the Online Info section of games, I'm using it for temporary notes until the website gets redesigned. If you want my actual Online Info, just look above the Page Note or message me.
For Asian region games, they will be represented by the China region code.
My Rating System might seem confusing, so I'll explain it a bit here.
★★★★★ Outstanding. One of the greatest games of all time or of its kind. The sheer brilliance of the game helps to overlook most flaws, if any.
★★★★ = Great. Fun to play with many traits that make it stand out from the crowd. Has potential to be even better.
★★★ = Good. Fun to play, but has flaws that hold it back from being a must have. Doesn't really stand out in any way.
★★ = Okay. Not particularly good, but not particularly bad either. Not unplayable, by any means. May not be my type of game.
★ = Bad. Held back by rampant flaws or other issues that hinder me from enjoying the game altogether.
I know it's skewed in an odd way, but I do this to group together the not-so-good games, therefore giving more emphasis on the better games out there.
Also, keep in mind that a 5 Star rating does not mean it's a perfect game. No perfect game exists, and I will stand by that statement for the rest of time.