How I Sort My Games ▼
This BackLoggery is organized by the following rules (CLICK THE ARROW ABOVE TO EXPAND THIS LIST)
- All PAID games are on this list, apps/games like Words with Friends and Pokedex 3D are not on this list. Games that became Free To Play (ex. Team Fortress 2) are on this list, cause I have paid for them.
- Compilation games are on this list, but for the most part they are not tracked for completion, simply cause I own the original copies of almost all the games. There are a few games I own through collections that I do not own individually:
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (from the MGS HD collection)
A slew of Sega games from the Sonic Ultimate Genesis collection.
The Lost Levels from Super Mario All Stars
- Compilations/collections will count each game individually, except for a few games that would inflate the list too much (especially for games like Sonic Ultimate Genesis collection). Instead, I try to buy the original game and count that version for stat-tracking
- If I have multiple copies of a game, the original or superior version will have stat tracking, while the other versions don't. For example, I have stat tracking for the NES version of Super Mario Bros., but not for the Virtual Console version. Similarly, there is stat tracking for the GOTY edition of Plants Vs. Zombies on Steam, but not for the iOS version.
- I have marked games I have completed if I feel that I have completed the achievements/sidequests/etc. that matter. For example, I am missing 2 multiplayer achievements from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, but since I don't think I will ever get those achievements, as they would involve grinding, I have counted that game as completed (I have 100% on single player). For some games (ex. Assassin's Creed series) multiplayer achievements won't count towards 100% completion.
- Arcade games, or games with mostly multiplayer components have no stat tracking. For example, Tetris (arcade game) and Team Fortress 2 (multiplayer).
- I will not count DLC and expansions as a new entry, but I will try to document them under the main game. For example, Sid Meier's Civilization IV will mention that I have the expansions. However, some exceptions will be made, like the stand alone expansion to Doom 3 (Doom 3 Resurrection).
- Episodic games will not count separately. I will bundle episodes together. This does not apply to the Penny Arcade Adventures and the Half-Life Episodes, since those are standalone titles unlike Sam and Max and the Walking Dead, which are essentially titles that are split into multiple parts.
- If I purchase a game on separate systems, I will count it in my collection multiple times, but only count it for completion once (example, the various versions of Metal Gear Solid 3). For Humble Indie Bundle/Indie Royale, I won't count the DRM free versions AND Steam versions separately, same goes with Desura and Steam versions.
- I will rate all my video games, except for the ones I haven't played enough of.